Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Journal 17

1) The significance of the poem’s epigraph is that because no one really returns from hell, he can share he story. Being someone with no self-confindence, he doesn’t want to share he story. Though he shares his story because he thinks no one is going to read it. He describes himself because he thinks he is talking to him self.

2)Do I?
Shall I?
Do I dare disturb the universe?
How should I presume?
How should I begin?
Shall I part my hair behind?
Do I dare eat a peach?
These questions have a theme about them, which is doubt, uncertainty, anxiety. These questions are questions he asks himself on a daily bases.

3) His main flawor problem is that he is a background character, comes off as foolish and dull, adviser to the prince, showing good judgement, and very cautious. He is fulled with anixey and self-doubt. His problem is low self-asteem.

4) This is called a love song because it is ironic. It ionic because he is alone and not in love. He is addressing he loneliness and how he is not inlove, which is completely different from a real love song.

No comments:

Post a Comment